This unit we are doing first aid. From what we have already done I think this unit is going to be enjoyable! Today we started with going through the first aid kits we will be given on the final day, where we will be the first responder. I am actually looking forward to that.

In-text: (Burton et al., 2015)
I found this picture and it made me giggle just a little bit :D
Then we went through the 3 most importante steps you do if someone is unconscious. They are if the person is conscious, pulse/circulation and airway . I remeberd them all from the last lesson.
After that, we got split into groups. Each group got a first aid kit. One from each group went and got fake injuries. Naturally, i got to get the fake injuries. Billy taped a stick to our arms and coverd it with fake blood made of water, flour, red food colouring and... Chocolate. Of course i heard the word chocolate and went straight to tasting it. WORST DECISION EVER!!
We got told that we were supposed to be unconscious and have injured ankle. When my group came to "save" me, They immediately went towards the stick. "OMG, shes got a freaking stick sticking out of her arm!", "I`m not touching it!" i heard them say. The totally forgot about the 3 important steps.
After we had done that we played some Frisbee and a game called ultimate Frisbee. I thought this was very fun!
- Inga the cool B-)
No comments:
Post a Comment